Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rest Day


Well, yesterday's run turned into a hungry fiasco when I got back to the truck and realized I'd taken the wrong key running with me.  The keys to my truck (and my lunch, and my water bottle, and my warm coat) were sitting on the floor of the driver's side.  Fortunately, the folks at Mapleton Center were kind enough to let me use their phone to call USAA, who promised someone would be there within 45 minutes.  

All well and good, except the temperature plummeted, and the beautiful 50 degree weather turned into snow flurries!  Wholly unprepared for such temperatures, Caili Dog and I wandered briskly around the hospital for an hour and fifteen minutes before the locksmith arrived.  Shivering, hungry, and thirsty, Caili and I thanked him and quickly sped back to campus.

The run itself was terrific!  We headed out of the Mapleton Center parking lot to the alley west of 4th street, up to the Evergreen trailhead for Dakota Ridge/Ho Chi Minh trail, then headed north to Wonderland Lake and back.  Until we got back to the parking lot, the air was warm and the sky clear.

Today's a rest day.  If you're feeling brave, join the flagstaff frenz for a jaunt up Initiation.

RL

No comments: