Monday, March 10, 2008

Ah, Colorado!

This weekend was a perfect example of why I love living in Colorado.  Saturday Maria and I headed up to Keystone, to ski a bit.  Unfortunately, Maria didn't realize that Saturday was a blackout day for her four-pass (curse you, Vail corporation!), so she read for a bit while I grabbed a couple of runs through the trees.  Not wanting her to wait for me, I headed back to the lodge at 10:45 and we were back to Boulder by 1:00.  

Since it was beautiful, sunny, and almost warm (for March standards) we got out the road bikes for a quick ride up NCAR hill.  Though a bit chilly coming down, it was nice to get out on the road bikes in the afternoon.

Then, on Sunday, we packed up the mountain bikes and headed to Lyons' Hall Ranch, where we enjoyed a quick tour of the trails there.  They were muddy in spots, but overall the trail conditions were terrific, and we had a great time!

Today, Sir Kent and I are meeting on the north side of Humanities to run up to the Mesa trail via NCAR--join us if you care to!

Ah, Colorado!

No comments: