Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ride Report: Marshall Mesa/Dowdy Draw


Well, yesterday afternoon four of us met up at the new Marshall Mesa trailhead for a tour of the recently-opened-to-mountain-bikes Dowdy Draw/Flatirons Vista trail.  It was an excellent ride!  The sun was going down behind the flatirons, so we rode in and out of the shadows a couple of times.  The downhill section on the west side of Flatirons Vista was in good shape for the spring, and the trail was almost completely dry.  Hideo took a flying leap off his bike, right before the first creek crossing, but all in all, the ride was thoroughly enjoyable.
I'm off to Colombia this week--I'll try to post pictures if I get the chance, but I'm not counting on having computer access.
Best,
Rob

1 comment:

The Webers said...

Rob,
It's great to catch up on your blog. Seems like you've been enjoying the good life in CO. I'm sorry I missed such a great ski season. I can't complain though.
Take care,
Oliver