Thursday, May 22, 2008

A good long time...

Well, it's been a good long time since I've posted to the blog.  A lot has happened in the interim.  I've been cross-training on the road and mountain bikes, and working hard at building my base for long-distance running.  I'm up to ten miles, and plan to make a 12 mile run in the desert of Colorado National Monument this weekend.  That's right, It's Memorial Day weekend, and I plan to remember those who gave their lives for our great nation by sleeping in a tent and running really far in the hot sun for a couple of days.  Then, when we get back to town, I'll be sure to grill some hot dogs.  

No really, it's going to be an awesome weekend.  Pilar and I will be backpacking, camping, and running in the monument, and then spending a couple days riding in Fruita.  What more could a guy ask for!



Yesterday, Hideo, Seth, and I tackled Walker Ranch on the mountain bikes.  Not a speck of snow on the trail.  Hideo made sure to check that gravity was still working... it is.  




Meanwhile, I'm training for the ascent of Mount Evans.  It's a 14 mile running race, on the "soft shoulder" of the road from Echo Lake to the peak of Mt. Evans, which is just over 14,000 feet.

Wish me luck.  

RL

No comments: